Lotus Eaters, Andrew York (b.1958)
Andrew York was a member of the LA Guitar Quartet for many years and is now a prolific composer and performer. “Lotus Eaters” (which has nothing to do with eating) was inspired by the ninth book of Homer’s Odyssey, which tells the story of sailors who would stop in the Land of the Lotus Eaters, eat honey-sweet lotus fruit, and become overpowered by an ecstasy that made them want to stay for the rest of their days!
- 01/10/14 Lower Hutt, Wellington at St Marks Church
- 04/11/14 Taumaranui at Taumaranui
- 05/11/14 Waipawa, Hawke's Bay at Central Hawke’s Bay Municipal Theatre
- 06/11/14 Tauranga, Tauranga at Baycourt Community & Arts Centre
- 07/11/14 Kerikeri at Aroha Music Society