Capriol Suite (arr: Owen Moriarty), Peter Warlock (1894-1930)
- Mattachins (Sword Dance)
Most often played by string orchestras, Warlock took these 6 dances (selected from Thoinot Arbeau’sOrchésographie, a manual of renaissance dances) and arranged them into his own masterpiece in 1926. Keeping the Renaissance character, the original melodies in each movement are retained while Warlock’s influence on the harmony and structure remains clear.
- 01/10/14 Lower Hutt, Wellington at St Marks Church
- 04/11/14 Taumaranui at Taumaranui
- 05/11/14 Hastings, Hawkes Bay at Hawkes’ Bay Opera House
- 06/11/14 Tauranga, Tauranga at Baycourt Community & Arts Centre
- 07/11/14 Kerikeri at Aroha Music Society