Capriol Suite (arr: Owen Moriarty), Peter Warlock (1894-1930)
- Mattachins (Sword Dance)
Most often played by string orchestras, Warlock took these 6 dances (selected from Thoinot Arbeau’sOrchésographie, a manual of renaissance dances) and arranged them into his own masterpiece in 1926. Keeping the Renaissance character, the original melodies in each movement are retained while Warlock’s influence on the harmony and structure remains clear.
- 08/10/14 Lower Hutt, Wellington at St Marks Church
- 01/11/14 Masterton, Wairarapa at Aratoi, Wairarapa Museum of Art and History Buy Tickets
- 04/11/14 Taumaranui at The Little Theatre Buy Tickets
- 05/11/14 Waipawa, Hawke's Bay at Central Hawke’s Bay Municipal Theatre Buy Tickets
- 06/11/14 Tauranga, Tauranga at Tauranga Art Gallery Buy Tickets